Part-time (min 16hrs/week) Thursday & Friday *Extra shifts as required*
- Greet and Assist library patrons with locating books, resources, and materials
- Answer phone calls, photocopying, faxing - Organize and shelve books and materials in accordance with library classification systems
- Assist with cataloging new materials and updating existing records
- Provide support in managing library circulation, including checking books in and out
- Answer inquiries from patrons regarding library policies, services, and resources -Registering new patrons as well as processing payments and fines
- Plan and lead children's programs and events
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent computer/technology skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of library classification systems is a plus - Library experience an asset
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position. Duties and responsibilities may be subject to change based on organizational needs.
Please send resumes by Oct 13
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Tuesday 10am - 5pm
Wednesday 10am - 7pm
Thursday 10am - 5pm
Friday 10am - 7pm
*Closed Saturdays in July & August
10:00 a.m. – 05:00 p.m.
Search the books, movies and magazines available at our library
Download books to your computer, tablet or smart phone! Learn more about the Libby App!
If our library doesn't have what you are looking for try fILL, an inter-library loan management system that allows you to search catalogues of Manitoba Public Libraries
Your opinion counts, please take our survey so we can better serve you and our community
Digital talking books for people with print disabilities available from NNELS.
EBSCOhost is an intuitive online research platform with quality databases and search features, EBSCOhost helps you find the information you need
A staff member will complete photocopying for patrons. Per-page photocopy fees are:
Regular & Legal $0.20 per sheet
Double sides, enlargements, color $0.50 per sheet
A patron may have faxes directed to our fax machine to be picked up or may fax items from the library. The fee for faxing is $0.50 per sheet. Please notify staff before sending.
The library has a selection of books for sale ranging in price. These books are located near the front of the library and are marked "For Sale"
Adult and children’s book only $0.25 Magazines and paperback romance $0.10
OR You can bring a bag and fill it for only $1.00